Graphotherapy is a rehabilitation technique, through handwriting analysis.
Handwriting analysis can be undertaken for children, adolescents and adults.
Graphotherapy is aimed at anyone who has difficulty with their handwriting. It’s never too late to make a change !
The most common reasons for seeking help from a Graphotherapist are:
- Illegible handwriting
- Pain in the fingers, hands or shoulders
- Writer’s cramp (Hand Dystonia)
- Slow writing (unable to write cursively)
- Careless, sloppy handwriting, unkept notebooks
- Baseline alignment – writing above or below the line
- Anxiety or refusal to write
- Difficulty in finding a comfortable grip of the pencil, especially for left-handed people
- A transition from script writing (English) to cursive writing (French)
- Learning difficulties
The aim of rehabilitation is to regain the pleasure of writing, to free up your writing, to boost self-esteem and regain confidence.
Rehabilitation allows the patient to acquire the essential tools needed to write legibly, fluidly and without discomfort. Graphotherapy can improve children’s communication and concentration skills leading to improved behaviour at school.